We are committed to improving the ACT for the community. In addition to complaint handling, we also perform a number of over oversight functions including:
- Freedom of Information reviews - to improve access to ACT government information and promote a culture of open access and transparency
- Reportable Conduct Scheme - to improve child protection within ACT organisations
- Inspector of the ACT Integrity Commission - to ensure those investigating corruption are doing the right thing
- ACT Policing - to ensure ACT policing use legislative powers such as covert powers correctly and lawfully
- Public Interest Disclosure - to provide an external avenue for someone to make a disclosure of serious wrongdoing about an ACT government agency.